The Quick Summary
Troeth Consulting Services Pty Ltd values your privacy and your business. We do not sell your information. We do not share your information unless it directly relates to the delivery or potential delivery of services to you, or to aid the running of our business.
About This Policy
Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth)
As a small business, we are exempted from the operation of the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth). However, protection of your personal information that we collect is very important to us. This policy sets out how we handle any personal information we collect or receive about you.
We reserve the right to make occasional updates to this policy. The current policy is available at http://www.troethconsulting.com.au/about/privacy-policy
Acceptance of this policy
If you use our website or services, you will be deemed to have accepted this policy. If the policy has been updated, you will be deemed to have accepted the updates when you next use our website or services.
Our Personal Information Handling Practices
What is personal information?
Section 6(1) of the Privacy Act states that personal information is:
“’information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion”.
Collection of personal information
We try to collect personal information directly from the individual.
We only collect personal information for purposes which are directly related to our activities and only when it is necessary for or directly related to such purposes. These purposes include, but are not limited to:
- To provide you with information you have enquired about,
- To provide you with goods or services you have purchased,
- When you ask to be on an email or mailing list so that we can send you information about our activities and/or publications,
- For normal communication processes when we might email you, text you or phone you.
When you browse the website, we do not collect your personal information unless you voluntarily provide it (for example, by leaving a comment or subscribing to our mailing list).
When you look at our website, our internet service provider automatically records your visit, storing the following (and possibly other, similar) information:
- Your server address,
- Your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .org, .au, etc),
- The pages you accessed and documents downloaded,
- The date and time of your visit to our site,
- Whether you have visited our site before,
- The previous site you visited, and,
- The type of browser being used.
We do not identify you or your browsing activities except, in the event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the internet service provider’s server logs.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We disclose personal information to third parties if required for the delivery of services to you or to support the operation of our business (for example, sending out newsletters). A list of these third parties is available on request. We only use personal information for the purposes for which it was given to us, or for purposes which are directly related to one of our activities. We do not give it to other organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- You have consented, or,
- You would reasonably expect, or have been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals or organisations so that, for example, your purchase can be sent to you by a postal service or delivery organisation, or,
- It is required or authorised by law, or,
- It will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up to date and complete. These steps include maintaining and updating personal information when we are advised by you that your personal information has changed.
We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and against other misuse.
Deletion of data and unsubscribing
Personal information is deleted periodically and on request. You may also request us to delete any personal information we hold about you by emailing the contact details below. You may choose to opt out of further contact from us by sending us an email containing the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line of the email or by following the unsubscribe link in any of our emails.
Access and correction
If you wish to request access to the personal information we hold about you, or request that we change that personal information, please contact us.
How to contact us